ugl is one of the leading providers of maintenance services to australia’s resources sector. we are a trusted partner to australia’s major producers in this sector. our team thrives on solving our clients’ operational challenges and improving their asset’s performance.
with project and production certainty being paramount, we draw on the best of our commercial, project, risk, technology and people management skills to deliver excellence at the lowest whole-of-life cost.
hse operations manager
the role will provide advice and support the general manager resources west, in driving improvements in hse performance through alignment and delivery of programs, and identification and management of hse risks across the business.
about the role
- the position also provides advice to support and maintain a safe and healthy workplace and for adherence to company policies and applicable laws, regulations and standards for the workplace
- partner with project / operations management to deliver initiatives that are relevant to the project, client and/or location and drive project and business strategy.
- provide assistance and guidance to operations management and other staff on hse issues and risks.
- monitor and interpret hse legislation, policies and regulations in order to provide direction and advice to projects which meet statutory, corporate and client objectives and responsibilities.
- design and deploy critical risk and hse culture change initiatives aimed at increasing the focus and attention on hse in the business.
- contribute to the strategic business plan in relation to identified hse risks and issues.
- support the ugl tendering process and client engagement in relation to project reviews.
- minimum ten years’ experience in hse management in a high-risk industry.
- excellent knowledge of the relevant hse legislation.
- demonstrated capability to develop and implement hse improvement programs
- experience in leading incident investigations.
- degree qualified (desirable)
- diploma in work health and safety or equivalent (minimum)
- certificate iv in training and assessing (minimum)
- certificate iv in environmental (desirable)
- root cause investigation qualification (taproot, icam) (minimum)
what we offer
- diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- flexible working arrangements
- ongoing training for career progression
- a competitive remuneration package with salary continuance insurance, employee assistance program for employees and their families, aia vitality wellness program and discounts on private health insurance, vehicles, travel and more
ugl is well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within; rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. ugl partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. we are a member of the cimic group of companies.
at ugl, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. we are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage people with disability, aboriginal & torres strait islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. these may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.
To apply for this job please visit ugl.taleo.net.