The SIMPEC story?
SIMPEC Pty Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of WestStar Industrial Limited (ASX:WSI), is a diversified services provider headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, specialising in construction and asset management within the energy, infrastructure and resources industries.
Established locally in 2017, SIMPEC is on the journey to realising our vision of being the strategic business partner of choice, and a recognised industry leader in the delivery of agile and innovative, multi-disciplined construction and asset management solutions nationally. Partnering collaboratively with a diverse client group, each member of the SIMPEC team display, and operate with pride and integrity, and offer a broad, practical, and applied comprehension of the various challenges faced within the industry.
Joining SIMPEC means joining an organisation that is serious about investing in our most important asset, our PEOPLE, to best support their career progression and development goals, as well as satisfy the increasing demand for our services. With a short, yet proud history of hard work, accomplishment and success, the team at SIMPEC are building a brighter future one project at a time and are the ideal choice for those who are talented, passionate, and career-driven, with a willingness to take on a challenge.
SIMPEC is seeking expressions of interest from experienced HSE professionals for upcoming FIFO opportunities, based in the Northern Territory.
Reporting to the HSE Manager, these key positions will work 12-hour days, on an ongoing 2 weeks on / 1 week off, FIFO roster, and will be pivotal in driving and championing our SIMSafe Culture on site.
Flights are offered out of all major Australian Capital Cities.
- Provide visual leadership with respect to health and safety on site; promote, contribute, and comply with all site safety initiatives and procedures, and embrace the SIMPEC SIMSafe culture framework.
- Auditing and governance, ensuring compliance with SIMPEC’s Critical Risk Management Guidelines, and the integrated management system – including remote sites.
- Coach and mentor, ensuring the leadership team and the workforce excel in their approach to all facets of HSE management.
- Development and review of Safe Environmental Work Method Statements
- Review statistics and metrics, developing suitable risk mitigation and improvement strategies.
- Conduct site inductions and other HSE related training.
- Drive and champion site HSE plans, ensuring compliance to SIMPEC’s contractual obligations.
- Collect and collate data, to assist with creating effective and meaningful HSE reporting.
- Share information, suggestions, and observations with project leadership to create consistency in safety standards throughout the operational teams.
- Investigate and determine the root cause of incidents, hazards and potential unsafe conditions on the project.
- Strongly demonstrate and support the SIMPEC values.
- You operate with and champion our SIMSafe Culture Framework and lead by example in this regard.
- Hold a qualification within HSE (Minimum of Cert IV.) and have previous experience in a health & safety role, ideally on large construction project, within the resources industry.
- With a strong understanding and solid working knowledge of HSE legislation and compliance requirements, you are able to discuss, influence and negotiate in these areas, and take a proactive, solutions driven approach to managing health and safety on site.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong, collaborative working relationships with a variety of stakeholder groups.
- With solid time-management skills, you are comfortable multi-tasking and managing multiple priorities, while remaining calm under pressure.
- Demonstrated experience in working to and meeting KPI’s, deliverables, and targets.
- Confident and comfortable making informed decisions, you take ownership of tasks through to completion.
- Analytical, innovative and adaptable, you possess solid problem-solving skills and the ability to think on your feet.
- High level of proficiency and expertise utilising Microsoft Office Suite (Excel in particular)
- Although not essential, it is highly regarded if you hold Incident investigation methodology (e.g., ICAM or Taproot), Training and Assessing (TAE40116), Injury management experience or qualifications, and an auditing qualification.
The HSE Coach role with SIMPEC will provide a unique opportunity to utilise your broad experience to date, as well as learn and further progress your career, working alongside experienced, dedicated, and passionate industry professionals, in an environment that is collaborative, dynamic and outcome focused, and where the safety of our people is at the forefront of everything we do.
If you’d like to be part of the SIMPEC story, as we take on new projects and new challenges, we genuinely welcome your interest and encourage you to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.livehire.com.