Fortescue is both a proud West Australian company and a global green solutions business. We are recognised for our culture, innovation and industry-leading development of infrastructure, mining assets and green energy initiatives.
Work Location: Perth Fortescue Centre
- Fortescue’s Perth office is located on the traditional lands of the Whadjuk Noongar people.
Roster: Monday to Friday
Fortescue is entering a phase of exponential growth and is expanding as we move towards our decarbonisation mission into green energy. This means we are looking for self-motivated and enthusiastic people to join our Heritage team and this opportunity is perfect for those wanting to start their career in cultural heritage.
The Heritage Officer is an essential role in Fortescue’s heritage approvals team, responsible for the day-to-day internal stakeholder review and request for access to ground ensuring heritage management and protection.
- Review and approval of the heritage component of Fortescue Land Management System (LMS).
- Authorisation of on-site works, in compliance with Fortescue’s management systems, to ensure compliance with the Western Australia Aboriginal Heritage Act (AHA 1972), and Fortescue’s land access agreements, commitments and obligations.
- Review and compilation of the heritage component of Program of Works (PoW) Approvals.
- Assistance to the Heritage Advisors in the coordination of heritage survey requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in archaeology, anthropology, sociology or law, a related discipline or commensurate experience. (desirable)
- Working knowledge of the revised Western Australia Aboriginal Heritage Act 1972 (AHA 1972) will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and as a collaborative team member.
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated ability to deliver results while working on multiple projects within tight timeframes.
- Good administrative and computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite and spatial management software (Arc GIS or similar). Ability to learn and use new software quickly and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders from a diverse range of backgrounds, to establish and strengthen relationships.
Fortescue is deeply committed to providing a safe culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, and values diversity. We celebrate individual strengths and team members from all backgrounds are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. Our global workforce drives and promotes an inclusive culture, both within our organisation and throughout the communities we interact with across the world. Diverse backgrounds include First Nations Peoples, people with differing abilities, LGBTIQ community, gender, neurodiverse, cultural diversity, all age groups, and those with an intersectional or multiple diverse characteristics. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Internal Candidates / Current Contractors please apply via Success Factors Careers Portal. For further information on how to apply please visit the Fortescue Hub.
Fortescue reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable pool of candidates be identified. Fortescue will never contact you to ask for payment of any kind, whether directly or through a third party.
To apply for this job please visit careers.fortescue.com.