Heavy Mobile Equipment Trade Roles
- Residential Role with full relocation provided – live in Weipa, a beautiful coastal community in Far North Queensland and upgrade your lifestyle with incredible outdoor adventures and water-based activities
- Advance your career – supportive leaders who will provide opportunities to learn and grow
- Competitive salary and many exclusive benefits designed to make life better
About the role
Finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs.
We are looking for experienced Heavy Mobile Equipment Diesel Fitters to join our friendly and high performing Heavy Equipment Maintenance teams. You’ll maintain the site’s heavy mobile equipment and ancillary fleet to ensure this critical equipment is available to meet operational requirements.
You’ll live in the idyllic coastal town of Weipa, with full relocation provided, working across our Northern and Southern Operations. We have options to suit your lifestyle and goals, at East Weipa or Andoom (Northern Operations) you’ll be home after each shift and for roles based at Amrun (Southern Operations) you will stay at our newly built camp during shift and commute back to Weipa on days off, with an additional allowance to compensate time away from home.
This is a fantastic opportunity for people with a strong work ethic, commitment to learning and a ‘can do’ attitude who are looking to live an incredible lifestyle with adventure and world-class water activities on your doorstep. With a supportive leadership team and a development plan in place, we’ll help you achieve success and progress your career.
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- A manual C class drivers’ license
- The ability to communicate effectively within a team environment
- The ability to be flexible within the role and adapt to a changing environment
- A relevant HME Diesel Fitter qualification
What we offer
- Domestic relocation assistance
- Weipa accommodation benefit
- Remote area allowance
- Remote area holiday travel assistance
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidized private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
About Rio Tinto
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and materials company. We operate in 35 countries where we produce iron ore, copper, aluminium, critical minerals, and other materials needed for the global energy transition and for people, communities, and nations to thrive.
We have been mining for 150 years and operate with knowledge built up across generations and continents. Our purpose is finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs – striving for innovation and continuous improvement to produce materials with low emissions and to the right environmental, social and governance standards. But we can’t do it on our own, so we’re focused on creating partnerships to solve problems, create win-win and meet opportunities.
Where you’ll be working
Our Weipa Operations includes three bauxite mines, processing facilities, ship loaders, an export wharf, two ports, power stations, a rail network and ferry terminals. Located on the Western Cape York Peninsula in Far North Queensland, each year the operation produces more than 35 million tons of bauxite.
Our operations are supported by a 1,900-strong workforce—including 26 per cent who are women and 25 per cent Indigenous employees. Activities include mine operations, maintenance, asset management, ports, cultural heritage management, and processing facility management.
The development of our new mine, Amrun, which was completed in 2018, will extend the life of our Weipa bauxite operations by decades to come and significantly build on our 55-year history on the Western Cape.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or anything else that makes us different.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.riotinto.com.