Closes: 13 December 2023
Classification: Health Service Officer Level 4
Salary: $57,149 – $59,336 plus superannuation
Position No: 11711, several – 027HN
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 13 December 2022
Contact Officer: Rob Swain on [email protected] or (02) 5124 3100
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Supply Services are seeking Casual Health Services Officers Level 4 for opportunities at both the Mitchell and Canberra Hospital locations. Candidates will be required to pick, pack, decant and assist with delivery of stock to the Canberra Hospital, Community Health Centres and other health facilities within the ACT. Previous Warehouse experience and a forklift licence are highly desirable. Please provide a current Resume, a Pitch of no more than two pages outlining your knowledge, skills and behaviours that make you suitable for the role and the contact details of two referees. Decision may be based on written application and referee reports only.
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person-centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary, and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. More information can be found on the CHS website: www.canberrahealthservices.act.gov.au
The Finance and Business Intelligence (FBI) Branch is led by the Chief Finance Officer (CFO) who reports to the Chief Executive officer of Canberra Health Services. The FBI Branch is responsible for the development and maintenance of budgets, financial management, and for providing strong operational finance and performance reporting analysis across the health service. The six sub-units within the FBI branch include the Financial Operations and Support Unit, Revenue and Financial Services, Patients Accounts, Business Intelligence, Health Information Unit and Procurement and Supply.
The position reports to the Senior Store Supervisor of Canberra Health Supply Services.
This position is rotated between the Supply Services Warehouse, Mitchell, and Canberra Hospital.
CHS is committed to workforce diversity and to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from all diversity groups. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability and people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, or Questioning (LGBTIQ) are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Strong organisational skills with a high degree of drive.
- Understanding of supply chain processes within a warehouse environment.
- Adaptability and flexibility to accommodate change and provide responsive services.
- Availability Monday to Friday between 7am to 4pm with possibility of extra hours.
- A Forklift licence and Truck licence will be highly regarded.
- Duties of the position include the requirement to drive vehicles, therefore possession of a driver’s licence is required.
- Relevant work experience.
- The successful applicant will need to be available for weekend and after-hours work.
- CHS is leading the drive to digitally transform health service delivery in Australia through the implementation of a territory wide Digital Health Record. Computer literacy skills are required which are relevant to this role as you will be responsible for completing required documentation and becoming a proficient user of the Digital Health Record and/or other Information Technology systems; once proficient, you will need to remain current with changes, updates and contingencies.
- Have an understanding of how the National Standards and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) indicators align with this role.
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role as detailed in the CHS Exceptional Care Framework, Clinical Governance Framework, Partnering With Consumers Framework and all other related frameworks.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
- Obtain a Compliance Certificate from OMU (Occupational Medicine Unit) relating to assessment, screening, and vaccination processes against specified infectious diseases.
Note: These positions will be filled on a casual basis. The above full-time salary will be pro-rata.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here“
These positions will be filled on a casual basis.
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services
Trades, Maintenance and Horticulture
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.act.gov.au.