Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
HD Fitter / Service Technician – Orange, New South Wales
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has approximately 44,000 employees in more than 150 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for enthusiastic and strong performing HD Fitters to join our Field Service or Workshop team based in Orange.
As a Service Technician, you will be performing machine inspections, decommissioning reports, full machine rebuilds, component rebuilds, preventative maintenance, and repairs of a range of specialist mining equipment with OEM product training available to support you in the onboarding process.
Areas of responsibility
- Perform fault diagnosis, maintain, and repair mining equipment
- Identify faults in the electrical and mechanical configuration of various mobile systems
- Maintain inspection test reports and documentation
- Support technicians from other regions and assist in training
- Adhere to all policies & procedures especially the EHS policies
- Work effectively either in a team environment or autonomously
- Assist with machine audits/inspections
- Relevant Trade Qualification
- Valid Driver Licence
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Flexibility to work with company and customer requirements, procedures, and safety policies
- Positive attitude and a high level of determination to achieve targets set for customer satisfaction
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Experience maintaining underground drilling/Load and Haul looked upon favourably
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job & the ability to pass a pre-employment medical.
What we offer
- Competitive wages and additional allowances
- Phone, iPad and uniform provided
- Favourable Superannuation contribution above statutory requirement
- Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, a company-wide bonus scheme and Length of Service Recognition program
- Employee Referral Program that pays up to $5,000 per successful referral
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
0460 971 554
To apply for this job please visit www.home.sandvik.