Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
HITACHI RAIL STS AUSTRALIA PTY LTD
Profession (Job Category):
About the role
Would you like to work on the latest cutting edge train control system software? Do driverless trains interest you? How about rail transportation systems?
Hitachi Rail is a world leader in driverless trains, passenger, mass transit, metro and onboard and rail systems.
An exciting opportunity has opened up for a graduate software developer to join us working in a dynamic team on the latest developments in train control systems. We are looking for a talented graduate or junior software developer who has a passion for learning and who would like to work in engineering type solutions. Your role will primarily be coding in C++, Python and Java but experience in any specific language is not essential. You will support the team lead and software development manager in day to day processes and activities while learning about software in an engineering context and also safety related systems. We will be hiring someone who can think, problem solve and be pragmatic.
You are passionate about developing software and have a strong focus on software design, software quality and follow best practices. You have a strong attention to detail and enjoy writing detailed and precise designs that are traceable to requirements and test cases.
You will either be a graduate or recent graduate and can demonstrate how you have applied your studies in a practical way at University work placement or in open source communities.
- Strong academic record
- Demonstrable knowledge in object oriented design
- Demonstrable capacity to work independently and collaboratively
Highly regarded criteria:
- Experience/knowledge of message brokers, enterprise integration patterns
- Experience/knowledge of Integration Development Environments including Eclipse/Visual Studios/Qt Creator
- Knowledge of real time/semi-real time software development experience
- Knowledge of with MySQL/MariaDB or any similar DBMS
- Experience/knowledge of virtual machine infrastructures include VMWare
- Experience/knowledge of Linux based Operating Systems include Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Experience/knowledge of CAD based systems
- Bachelor degree qualified in software engineering, computer engineering, computer science, information technology or equivalent.
To apply for this job please visit hitachi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.