- Generous Graduate Salary and Conditions
- Mount Isa, Queensland, Australia
- Excellent Professional Development Opportunity
Graduate – Safety
Mount Isa, Queensland, Australia
Reference No: 35070
Glencore Queensland Metals has a number of opportunities opening to graduating or recently graduated university students to join our Safety Graduate Program. You will be an important part of a global company that wants you to succeed, not just for the benefit of the organization but also so you can achieve your own career goals.
As a Safety Graduate you will work in one of the world’s most iconic mining districts, which has pioneered several Mining innovations whilst producing some of the current Local and Global Mining and Resource leaders. Our industry-leading and experienced professionals will challenge you each step of the way – to think differently, ask questions and come up with creative solutions. You will have access to unrivalled opportunities and unlimited potential to grow your career. This is your opportunity to test your skills and creativity in real situations, working with some of the best in your field. If you are keen to grow with us, relish the opportunity to work and live in Mount Isa and build an exciting career, we want to hear from you.
About the role
As a Safety Graduate, you will become one of the valuable health and safety champions at our mine sites. As Glencore is committed to keeping our workplace safe with zero harm, you will play an important role in assisting line management to identify, develop, coordinate and implement safety and health initiatives management systems and strategy. From day one, you will work together with an experienced team to conduct risk assessments and assist to implement suitable controls and monitoring. In addition, you will be participating in incident investigations and recommending changes, assist with training employees on safety & health issues, and coordinating emergency procedures, mine rescues, fire-fighting and first-aid crews.
You will be involved in managing a diverse range of safety issues in underground and open-cut metalliferous mining, processing, smelting and associated operations. You may assist in the development and facilitation of programs, undertake workplace assessments, complete compliance reporting and provide advice to operational management on improvement opportunities. You will be liaising and communicating across multiple levels of the workforce, management, regulatory bodies, medical and health providers in these exciting and important graduate positions.
The successful applicant will have:
- A tertiary qualification in safety or similar tertiary qualification
- Have graduated from university within the last 2 years
Why choose Glencore?
With operations across the globe, there is a world of opportunities waiting for you at Glencore. Glencore provides unrivalled career and development prospects, great communities and the opportunity to work with leaders in your field. As part of Glencore’s Graduate Program, you will:
- Receive structured, professional development with a real focus on-the-job experience
- Have scheduled networking and social events with other graduates and members of the senior management teams;
- Be mentored by experienced professionals in your field and receive practical support from business leaders;
- Attend a structured Graduate Professional Development Program designed to accelerate your leadership potential; and ultimately
- Be assisted to achieving your chosen career trajectory, with many of our graduates going on to become leaders in our business.
You will be entitled to a comprehensive range of benefits aimed at attracting and retaining our most valuable asset, our people. We offer competitive remuneration and other financial benefits including medical and insurance discounts, discounts with Virgin, Qantas and Lenovo as well as use of Glencore Rewards, our online discount platform with 100s of retailers. While it is easy to focus on remuneration, other benefits include training and development, ambassadorship opportunities, health and lifestyle, recognition and reward programs as well as lifestyle rosters.
- Mount Isa, North West Queensland (Residential) . Mount Isa is a thriving city of 23,000 acting as a hub for regional business, transport, services and government in north-west Queensland. With every sporting club you can think of, golf course, restaurants, gyms and movie theatre, there is always plenty to do. Explore the region with some of the best fishing and camping locations right at your doorstep. Residential roles will also attract relocation assistance, three months’ transit accommodation, as well as housing assistance.
Come start your career with a Top 100 Graduate Employer and see how far we can take you.
Applications will only be accepted via www.glencore.com/careers and close Sunday 31st October 2021.
To apply for this job please visit glencorejobs.nga.net.au.