Bravus Mining & Resources is an Australian company dedicated to creating jobs and opportunities for regional Queensland communities. Whilst Rockhampton and Townsville are our primary recruitment hubs we encourage and will consider applicants from all regional Queensland communities.
We are recruiting a Geologist Superintendent for the Carmichael Mine, which is a 10mtpa coal mine located north-west of Clermont in central Queensland.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Superintendent you will be responsible to supervise the collection of geological data and ensure that the geological resource models used for site planning purposes are reflective of the most accurate and reliable geological information available, and that fit-for-purpose structural and quality reconciliation systems are in place to maximise the value of the deposit.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Development and management of Coal reconciliation process from geological model, mining and Product coal
- Development of the company’s annual strategic exploration program;
- Budget preparation, scope development and tendering for contractors to deliver exploration drilling, sampling, geophysical survey, laboratory testing and consultant outcomes;
- Management of the Geology team including exploration, day to day pit geologists, and modelling geologists.
- Exploration borehole rehabilitation management;
- Ensuring exploration works are consistently delivered to the required standard, and within budget;
- Managing raw coal and composited washed coal quality databases and validating coal quality results and datasets;
- Accurate interpretation, recording and compilation of geological data from exploration drilling and field and laboratory testing program;
- Ownership of the Site geological database, geological 3D modelling and Resource assessment and estimation;
- Coordination of pit geological services to operations department, including coal face inspections and markups, top and bottom of coal survey, in-pit sampling for laboratory testing;
- Coordination of coal value chain from pit to ROM bin, and liaison with CHPP and operations personnel as to coal delivery planning;
- Supervision of and involvement with specific field activities required for mine planning including Spontaneous combustion, gas, hydrogeological test work and various environmental sampling and test work as required;
- Liaising with other team members and auditing and reporting on the performance of contractors;
- Involvement with and contribution to the Site’s mining plan;
- Involvement with and contribution to the geotechnical assessment of the deposit, including involvement with geotechnical monitoring and measurement based on requirements of the SHMS. This will involve frequent inspection audits to monitor the open cut excavation as it progresses;
- Contributing to Risk Assessments, development and compilation of SHMS procedures as required.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
Our people are dynamic, passionate, solutions-focused and diverse. We offer a dynamic and supportive workplace along with competitive remuneration.
The successful applicant will align with our values of courage, trust and commitment along with being dedicated to high standards. A flexible attitude to work will be required to meet project deadlines.
Other qualifications and attributes required include:
- Degree from a tertiary institution, in Geology, Geotechnical Engineering or Earth Sciences;
- Minimum five years’ experience in Australian coal mining or coal exploration programs;
- Previous Management experience of geology team (exploration, pit geologists, modelling geologists)
- Experience in Vulcan geological modelling software;
- Experience in Micromine Geobank.
- Experience with JORC reporting
- Experience with CoalLog logging standard v2 or later;
- Experience in SQL;
- Experience with managing teams of operations or exploration geologists.
If you’re interested in this role, click on “apply” to submit your application. Please note applications will close on the 17th of November 2023.
This role is being sourced by our in-house recruitment team. We respectfully request recruitment agencies do not approach us about this opportunity.
To apply for this job please visit applynow.net.au.