About the role
Kings Engineering has opportunities in its team for Fitters, with experience in maintaining heavy earthmoving equipment.
The successful applicants will support the achievement of safety and production targets by providing high quality and timely maintenance services to a wide spectrum of engineering industries including Mining, Transport, Construction, Rail, and Manufacturing. The role may involve the operation, maintenance, or repair of surface mining equipment, fixed equipment and assets.
This is a full-time permanent position paying a minimum of $42.33 p/h, with excellent flexible work options available.
- Ensure the efficient and effective operation of heavy machinery or earthmoving equipment with safety as the priority
- Assemble, install and fit machinery parts in accordance with technical specifications and industry drawings to plan and meet required targets
- Clean and disassemble machinery and equipment, as required
- Utilise precision measuring tools to measure tolerances and accuracy
- Utilise various cutting, grinding or boring tools to create finished products
- Provide safe, effective, and efficient mechanical maintenance services to customers
- Diagnose problems, undertake preventative maintenance, repair, and breakdown support on fixed plant, machinery and heavy equipment
- Perform tests and quality inspections to ensure optimal performance, and document findings as per legislative and operational requirements
- Demonstrate excellent housekeeping and equipment care
- Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices
- Engineering Trade Certificate
- Experience in maintaining heavy earthmoving equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate within and between work teams, demonstrating positive interpersonal skills
- Current valid NSW Driver’s Licence
- High Risk WorkCover tickets such as C6 Crane (60T), Dogging, Basic Rigging, Forklift, Elevated Work Platform, and Working at Heights training
- Experience on Mitsui or Sandvik Roadheaders
- Experience in component rebuild
Working with Kings Engineering
Kings Engineering is a leading NSW engineering business that is Australian owned and operated. Founded in 1923, Kings has a proud history of providing engineering solutions across a range of industries. Located at Rutherford, Kings works across a range of industries including tunneling and infrastructure, open cut and underground mining, rail and manufacturing.
Kings offers numerous benefits including excellent hourly rates, work-life balance providing roster choices (4 day week/ 9 day fortnight or 5 day week with monthly RDO), shift loading, attractive site rates, diversity of work, PPE allowance, laundered clothing, work location and regional lifestyle and other benefits such as gym memberships, upskill training opportunities, 10 weeks paid parental leave (for primary care giver) and opportunity to cash out personal leave.
To apply for the position please answer the screening questions and attach your resume.
To find out more about Kings Engineering, please visit www.pwgking.com.au
The Bloomfield Group is committed to equal employment opportunity and diversity, priding itself on an inclusive workplace. All applicants must be able to evidence their Right To Work in Australia.
To apply for this job please visit applynow.net.au.