- 12-month traineeship opportunity
- Fulltime, monthly RDO
- $55,000 per annum
If you have a head for numbers, a keen eye for detail and are interested in an opportunity that will allow you to learn and provide support in a wide range of finance tasks, then we want to hear from you!
The Shire of Capel is located in the South West, halfway between Bunbury and Busselton. We are nestled between the beach and the forest and are one of the fastest growing coastal Shires in Australia. At the Shire we value Honesty, Empathy, Accountability, Respect and Teamwork which underpin the way we work with our elected members, the community and each other.
As a Finance trainee, you will work with our team learning and providing support with a wide range of finance processes including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliation and rates receipting. These tasks will help you build your skills and experience while you are working towards your Certificate III in Accounts Administration.
To be successful in this traineeship you will demonstrate initiative, a commitment to learn and improve, and an interest in developing generalist accounts skills. You will communicate openly and proactively with the team. Your professional and friendly approach will enable you to build and maintain strong working relationships across the organisation.
As part of our team, you will enjoy:
- Flexibility and support
- Investment in you and your career
- An inclusive culture where all our people are valued, EEO, diversity and differences are respected
- Full time, 19-day work month
- A strong focus on employee wellbeing and safety
- $55,000 per annum
- Annual leave loading of 17.5%
- Up to 14% Shire superannuation contribution
For further position related requirements please refer to . If you are viewing this ad in Seek the link may have been removed. Please view this vacancy on our website at capel.wa.gov.au/careers to access the position description.
Desired Skills and Experience
We embrace diversity and encourage applications from individuals of diverse backgrounds to join us in servicing our community for the future.
To be considered for this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Behaviour that positively demonstrates the Shire’s HEART of: Honesty, Empathy, Accountability, Respect and Teamwork
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent
- Sound written, oral communication and numeracy skills
- Computer skills in MS Office (Int/Adv in Word & Excel)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Previous experience with computerised accounting packages, administration and customer service will be highly regarded.
Applicants who need assistance with their application or wish to discuss any potential barriers that may prevent them from applying are encouraged to contact Organisational Development on 9727 0222 to discuss.
Further position related enquiries can be directed to Andrew Mattaboni, Manager Finance or Organisational Development on 9727 0222.
9.00am on Monday 4 December 2023.
The Shire of Capel reserves the right to commence interviewing prior to the application close date and close this position for applications early should a suitable candidate be found.
To apply for this job please visit capel.elmotalent.com.au.