At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About the role
We are delighted to announce that we are inviting applications for the role of Senior Site Safety Specialist at our groundwater treatment facility in Botany, NSW.
Located approximately 15km South of Sydney CBD, the facility extracts groundwater which is then processed to remove contaminants to create treated water for industrial reuse.
Working on a residential Monday – Friday roster, the Senior Site Safety Specialist is a subject matter expert in Safety, Health, Environment, and Security matters for the site. This role implements systems, procedures, and initiatives, incorporating identified leading practices, in line with Orica’s global requirements and regional priorities.
The Senior Site Safety Specialist is part of the global SHES Team and is based at Botany, where there will be a strong functional relationship with the Botany Site Manager. The role will ensure compliance with legislative requirements and Orica group standards and procedures, and will support and guide risk management and improvement strategies.
What you will be doing
- Align all behaviours with Orica’s Charter Values, Purpose, and Strategy.
- Develop, own, and implement the SHES Improvement Plan for the Botany Plant, with the support of Group and Site staff, and Operational Leaders.
- Ensure legislative compliance for the plant.
- Audit and upgrade SHES procedures and systems within the plant.
- Identify, develop, and implement improvement plans to enable SHES-related continuous improvement.
- Monitor internal and external legislative and regulatory requirements, trends, and events and develop responses as required.
What you will bring
- Formal engineering or science undergraduate or postgraduate degree in fields related to SHES.
- Minimum experience of 7 years in the manufacturing industry in a SHES-related role.
- Ability to form outstanding, trustworthy, and sustainable relationships with all site personnel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving & project management skills.
What we offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
We respect and value all
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit career4.successfactors.com.