At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation, and reimagining the way we work.
About the role
We are extremely excited to announce the new vacancy for a Process Design Engineer.
Based in Newcastle NSW and working in flexible working arrangements, the Process Design Engineer will take responsibility for leading process engineering design and assessment activities as part of capital projects for Orica’s various manufacturing facilities in Australia, and across the world.
This role will suit a skilled and ambitious Process Design Engineer who wishes to work their way into a Technical Management role with a truly global market-leading company. On offer are a very healthy salary package, bonus, flexible working arrangements, and genuine career development and progression opportunities.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for ensuring all project safety critical studies are completed for projects;
- Detailed modeling to ensure designs are fit for purpose and efficiently deliver the project outcomes;
- Conduct project efficiency reviews to ensure project designs will meet the intent;
- Define project-related plant & equipment capacity to ensure the project requirements are delivered;
- Prepare process design documentation, including Process Flow Diagrams, Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams, and Equipment Datasheets;
- Negotiate with technology providers on Orica’s behalf to ensure performance guarantees are fit for purpose;
- Manage budget for the process design section for relevant capital projects as part of the overall Project Management Office program.
What you will bring
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering (essential);
- Minimum of 7 years experience in process design, commissioning, or plant process operations;
- Sound knowledge of manufacturing principles, safe working practices, and process safety;
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to communicate across multiple functions and regions;
- Demonstrated skills and proficiency in software modeling packages.
What we offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
We respect and value all
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit career4.successfactors.com.