APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $22 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia, Tasmania with Victoria and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
We employee more than 2,200 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day.
We are seeking expressions of interest for future opportunities for skilled Network Connection Engineers to join us in our Electricity Transmission team in Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Melbourne.
You will play a key role in providing technical excellence and leadership within our recently expanded Electricity Transmission business unit.
- Lead the development of power system modelling strategy and implementation
- Lead and identify network development opportunities
- Lead the development and technical assessment of ‘early works’ tools and information packs
- Develop technical network planning and connection policies and specifications
- Develop network planning and connection procedures
- Identify potential Transmission Infrastructure development options through network analysis
- Leadership and direction for projects confectioning to APA ET infrastructure
- Tertiary qualification in electricity engineering or in a relevant field
- Relevant experience in similar role within electricity transmission industry
- Demonstrated success in electricity transmission with proven experience of transmission system reliability and performance.
- Proven success applying engineering techniques and planning principles
- Ability to interpret and apply relevant industry regulations & standards
- Proven communication skills ,problem-solving and stakeholder engagement skills
- Agile with a solutions-focused and learner mind-set
About the Team
The Electricity Transmission team will be an integrated part of APA’s business, aligned to our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, and supporting the delivery of safe, reliable, affordable, and low emissions energy. Electrification is critical to decarbonise our energy system and our strategy is to be the partner of choice as an owner and operator of electricity transmission assets, including generator connection assets.
Consistent with our vision, Electricity Transmission is committed to playing a leading role in developing the energy solutions of tomorrow, by being the partner of choice for energy infrastructure for customers and communities.
Working at APA
APA is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from all genders and Indigenous people. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace – one in which everyone is treated fairly and with respect. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus.
We are a values-driven organization and our culture is built on our core behaviours; we are Courageous, Accountable, Nimble, Collaborative and Impactful. We are committed to achieving diversity of thought by providing a safe and inclusive environment where employees thrive, both in the now and the future.
APA provides you with access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs. APA also have an inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents throughout their parenting journey.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you.
Role closes Friday 7th April 2023. Role Reference number 3858.
PD is available on request by emailing [email protected] quoting reference number above
To apply for this job please visit emnk.fa.ap1.oraclecloud.com.