A new opportunity is available for a Design Engineer to join the Komatsu team based at Welshpool.
Reporting to the National Engineering Manager, the primary purpose of this role consists of the assessment of Bespoke applications prepared by design engineers and applications engineers and liaising with OEMs on high risk and or high cost specification changes or additions.
- Working under the direction of the team senior engineer, prepare and follow personal work schedules.
- Clearly communicate the status of the above in quantitative terms in regular forums as required by the senior engineer or manager.
- Prepare project plans embracing Q,C,D objectives with a scope appropriate to the responsibilities of the role.
- Prepare and submit SFRs to OEMs in the case of proposed technical changes that carry significant quality, cost or schedule risks (as well as any OH&S risk).
- Investigate LOP situation across the Komatsu range and consolidate options to reduce / prevent proliferation.
- Implement commonization of technical solutions and parts across the range where possible.
- Lead and or participate in formal quality investigations using established Komatsu quality tools at any point in the value chain as required by the Design manager.
- Families Policy: 16 weeks of paid primary carer parental leave, 4 weeks of secondary carer leave, plus many more family friendly benefits
- Financial: Company funded Income Protection Insurance
- Career: Recognition, awards, flexibility, further education studies and internal career development
- Health: Corporate discount with Bupa, Total Wellbeing Solution with LifeWorks
- Travel: Discounts with Avis, Qantas, Crown, IHG and travel agents
- Referral Program: Generous referral payment for referring a new employee to Komatsu
Your Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering
- Good understanding of mechanical and hydraulic engineering and a working knowledge of low voltage electrical systems.
- Must have experience in design engineering processes – Creo design software, parts drawing, BOM creation, engineering change.
- Ability to develop and clearly articulate engineering activity plans.
- Ability to communicate project status in simple quantitative relating to Q,C,D objectives.
- Ability to fault find and determine causes of failure in engineering components and put together countermeasure plans in Komatsu formats.
Ready to get started? Apply now!
Komatsu offers a zero-harm culture in the work place, competitive remuneration package, and to drive success we employ people with different skills, abilities, cultural backgrounds, experiences, preferences, ethnicities and from different generations. Join the Komatsu family and you’ll become a part of a dynamic, supportive and inclusive work environment, with opportunities for career progression on a global scale, training and personal growth.
To apply for this job please visit www.livehire.com.