Customer Service Officer
About the role
ARC, a reputable steel fabrication company, are currently seeking an Entry-Level Estimator/Customer Service Officer to join the team.
Ideally positioned in Ballina, a stone’s throw away from Byron Bay, you will be joining a tight-knit team, where you are valued and supported with monthly team barbecues and career progression opportunities within the business.
This position presents an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to build a career in the steel industry while delivering exceptional customer service.
- Providing excellent customer service to all customers
- Accurately interpreting engineering and architectural drawings to provide reinforcing quantities
- Ensure estimates are completed within the required timeframes
- Enter estimates into our system (CES) and ensure proper for customer presentation and filing
- Maintain documentation in accordance with quality control procedures
- Utilize initiative to interpret ambiguities that may arise on drawings and tender documents
About your experience
To be successful in this role, you will be a self-motivated individual who prides themselves on attention to detail.
You will also be able to demonstrate:
- An ability to read construction drawings and related documents
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in IT including MS Office
- Strong analytical skills to complete quick and accurate estimates of reinforcing steel
- Prior estimating experience is favorable
- Prior experience in a related industry is highly advantageous
- An ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- A customer and safety-focused approach to your work
- An ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
About our team
The Australian Reinforcing Company (ARC) – a brand of InfraBuild – is a leading manufacturer and supplier of steel reinforcing that Australians have trusted for over 100 years. Supported by a large branch network, ARC steel is in the bones of the roads we drive on, the houses we live in, the buildings we work in, the schools our kids learn in and the iconic landmarks that symbolise Australia to the rest of the world.
Across our business we have an agile, entrepreneurial culture with high energy, strong levels of ambition, and sustainable growth plans. This brings opportunities for our people and businesses to flourish and develop. We work with our people to determine how we can grow our business and our future. We would love you to be part of our journey
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
To apply for this job please visit careers.gfgalliance.com.