Court Clerk (357173)
Department of Justice
Applications must be submitted by Sunday 03 December, 2023 11:55 PM
|Applications close:||Sunday 3 December, 2023 11:55 PM AEST|
|Award/Classification:||Tasmanian State Service Award – General Stream Band 3|
|Salary:||$70,490.00 to $76,195.00 per annum|
|Employment Type:||Permanent, full-time|
We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people living with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and LGBTIQA people.
The Department of Justice supports reasonable adjustment requests in any stage of the assessment process to remove barriers and facilitate full participation in all aspects of employment for applicants with disability. If you have individual requirements that need to be accommodated in order to participate in an interview or recruitment activity, please inform the contact listed at the end of this vacancy.
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace and understand the importance of flexible working arrangements. Talk to us about how this could work for you.
Hours per fortnight
73.50 hours per fortnight – flexible options available.
- Provide administrative support relating to assigned coronial matters through –
- planning and preparation of correspondence and exhibits for inquests and matters dealt with in chambers (this may include being subject to sensitive and raw material as work is conducted in a trauma-aware environment)
- liaising with a wide range of parties including Coroners, Court staff and legal counsels on inquest arrangements
- coordinating the conduct of inquest proceedings
- ensuring the accurate recording of Court proceedings, including the monitoring and operation of technical equipment, together with the completion of all Court records
- coordinating coronial files for finalisation, including proofreading of findings
- As part of a team, respond to enquiries and provide information to the public on coronial matters and procedures while undertaking general administrative tasks.
- Undertake accurate entry of coronial data into the coronial case management system, including attachments of forensic pathology reports, toxicology reports and findings.
- Assist in the publication of coronial findings and coronial information on the Magistrates Court website.
- Assist in the coding of deaths reported to the Coroner into the National Coronial Information System.
- Any other duties as directed by the Team Leader/Manager, including duties in support of other Divisions of the Court.
The Head of State Service has determined that the person nominated for this vacancy is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer.
The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Pre-employment checks
• Arson and fire setting
• Violent crimes and crimes against the person
• Sex-related offences
• Drug and alcohol related offences
• Crimes involving dishonesty
• Crimes involving deception
• Making false declarations
• Malicious damage and destruction to property
• Serious traffic offences
• Crimes against public order or relating to the Administration of Law and Justice
• Crimes against Executive or the Legislative Power
• Crimes involving Conspiracy
2. Disciplinary action in previous employment.
3. Identification check.
- Knowledge and expertise consistent with qualifications recognised at Certificate 3 and 4 of Business Administration or equivalent level.
- A current Tasmanian driver’s licence.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
How to apply
To apply, please provide a Short Form Application which is a 1-2 page covering letter outlining your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the Statement of Duties, and a copy of your current Resumé/CV. We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria.
Please note if you submit the details of your referees with your application the Selection Panel may contact them without notifying you.
Please apply online by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button.
Refer to the ‘Information for Applicants (DOJ)’ document for further information. Please note, attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please contact the Department of Justice Recruitment Team on (03) 6166 1435.
Post your application with the following application form to:
Department of Justice
GPO Box 825
HOBART TAS 7001
For more information
Phone: (03) 6165 7150
Reasonable Adjustment Queries
Organisational Development and Design Team
(03) 6165 7603
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.