APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $22 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia, Tasmania with Victoria and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
We employee more than 2,200 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day.
We have forthcoming opportunities for Connection Development Managers join us in our newly expanded Electricity Transmission team.
Reporting to the Head of Network Development you will be responsible for project managing the connections application process for APA’s Electricity Transmission assets. You will support grid connection through technical leadership & advice, support due diligence and the connection application lifecycle.
- Providing strategic technical advice for new connections
- Preparation of technical performance standards for grid connection agreements
- Preparation of project connection application
- Due diligence processes
- Facilitating application lifecycle
- Undertake approvals & planning processes
- Manage processes to ensure projects progress against milestones with division goals achieved
- Managing commercial contracts
- Perform due diligent tasks on new project or market opportunities
- Project management
- Tertiary qualification in electricity engineering, or in a relevant field
- Chartered or Registered Professional Engineer (Required)
- Proven success managing stakeholder relationships within the utilities industries, preferably electricity
- Demonstrated experience in market regulatory environment
- Knowledge of relevant industry regulations & standards
- Knowledge of Environmental and Health and Safety legislative requirements
- Excellent interpretative and problem-solving skills, with an ability to make timely decisions to resolve complex technical issues
- Experience developing and implementing strategic business plans
About the Team
The Electricity Transmission team will be an integrated part of APA’s business, aligned to our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, and supporting the delivery of safe, reliable, affordable, and low emissions energy. Electrification is critical to decarbonise our energy system and our strategy is to be the partner of choice as an owner and operator of electricity transmission assets, including generator connection assets.
Consistent with our vision, Electricity Transmission is committed to playing a leading role in developing the energy solutions of tomorrow, by being the partner of choice for energy infrastructure for customers and communities.
Working at APA
APA is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from all genders and Indigenous people. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace – one in which everyone is treated fairly and with respect. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus.
We are a values-driven organisation and our culture is built on our core behaviours; we are Courageous, Accountable, Nimble, Collaborative and Impactful. We are committed to achieving diversity of thought by providing a safe and inclusive environment where employees thrive, both in the now and the future.
APA provides you with access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs. APA also have an inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents throughout their parenting journey.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you.
Role closes Friday 7th April 2023. Role Reference number 3872.
PD is available on request by emailing [email protected] quoting reference number above
To apply for this job please visit emnk.fa.ap1.oraclecloud.com.