The City of Albany is one of Western Australia’s most important and historic regional Cities. The services, facilities and activities that we offer are continually evolving and expanding. As an employee of the City, you can help us to reach our full potential. We employ around 450 staff members and provide an exceptional and committed service to the City of Albany and we create an environment where every employee has an opportunity to succeed. We are committed to a more diverse workforce and promote diversity and equal opportunity employment.
The City of Albany’s Infrastructure, Development and Environment Team is looking for an experienced and qualified individual to take up the role of Civil Engineering Officer.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Civil Infrastructure, this role will see you responsible for;
- Scoping and delivery of capital and maintenance works projects;
- Development of, and where possible, adherence to project scopes and budgets;
- Project management of complex capital works projects;
- Handle enquiries and provide information to the general public; and
- Contribute to the betterment of the Civil Infrastructure team and broader organisation.
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes and qualifications.
- A tertiary qualification with relevant experience;
- Technical abilities in AutoCAD, AutoCAD 3D, and the Microsoft suite;
- Experience in performing accurate cost estimations for projects;
- Proven abilities in project management and design; and
- An effective communicator with the abilities to liaise with external and internal stakeholders.
If you meet the above requirements, have experience working in a similar position and are passionate about working for the City of Albany, please apply.
Applicants must clearly address the selection criteria in the Conditions and Selection Criteria Document to be considered for interview.
Interested? Please find a full job information kit below.
If you are having any difficulties or for further assistance with the process please contact People and Culture at or on 6820 3110.
Role related queries should be directed to Anthony Henderson, Team Leader – Civil Infrastructure at [email protected] or on 6820 3982.
Deadline: Applications close 5pm, Tuesday, 28 November 2023
To apply for this job please visit albany.elmotalent.com.au.