Bravus Mining & Resources is an Australian company dedicated to creating jobs and opportunities for regional Queensland communities. Whilst Rockhampton and Townsville are our primary recruitment hubs we encourage and will consider applicants from all regional Queensland communities.
We are recruiting a CHPP Mechanical Engineer for the Carmichael Mine, which is a 10mtpa coal mine located north-west of Clermont in central Queensland.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Operations Manager – CHPP, the Mechanical Engineer is responsible for managing small sustaining capital projects and upgrades within the facility and interfacing infrastructure. The Mechanical Engineer will perform a key role in interfacing with maintenance personnel to manage and monitor maintenance strategies and effectiveness.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage small sustaining capital projects and upgrades within the facility and interfacing infrastructure (including the direct management of sub-contractors and interfacing with external engineering partners)
- Undertaking analysis to improve processing facility operational performance (including downtime analysis, failure investigations.)
- Continual monitoring and improvement of processing equipment performance
- Perform a key role in interfacing with maintenance personnel to manage and monitor maintenance strategies and effectiveness.
- Reporting on facility operational and maintenance performance
- Perform a key role in managing condition monitoring processes utilised within the facility.
- Management and monitoring of mobile equipment operational performance (for equipment used within the processing facilities)
- Management and monitoring of (diesel) power generation equipment utilised to supply electrical power to the facility.
- Interface with the facility operational team to plan and coordinate major shutdown and upgrade activities undertaken at the site.
- Any additional tasks as may be directed from time to time by Management.
- Position will be based on site working a 5/2 roster.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
Our people are dynamic, passionate, solutions-focused and diverse. We offer a dynamic and supportive workplace along with competitive remuneration.
The successful applicant will align with our values of courage, trust and commitment along with being dedicated to high standards. A flexible attitude to work will be required to meet project deadlines.
Other qualifications and attributes required include:
- Tertiary qualifications in either mechanical, process or electrical engineer (preferably mechanical)
- Experience in minerals processing infrastructure operations / maintenance (coal, metals or bulk commodity)
- Greater than 3 years post graduate experience in a suitable environment
• Current Coal Board Medical
If you’re interested in this role, click on “apply” to submit your application.
To apply for this job please visit applynow.net.au.