Apply now Job no: 674454
Work type: Full Time
ESS Defence delivers the best hospitality and catering services to our Defence personnel. We are committed to providing nutritional and delicious meals to our customers, whether it is in dining halls or out on the field. The work that we do is essential in keeping our Australian Defence Force healthy, comfortable, and living their best Defence Life!
Develop your hospitality skills and embrace a unique environment as an Apprentice Chef at RAAF Townsville The is suitable for candidates that want to develop a career focused on bulk cooking with a passion for quality, flavour, and presentation. You’ll get full training and support while working in a dynamic and fun working environment.
- Full time position in a well established team
- Absorb the catering team’s knowledge on how to prepare high quality buffet style bulk cooking for a variety of service times including breakfast, lunch or dinner, desserts, and functions
- Prepare food items in accordance with menu requirements using standard recipes and production methods as directed by the Chef team.
- Actively observe, learn, and practise commercial cookery as per requirements of apprenticeship.
- Maintain all catering controls, OH&S compliance and HACCP with a strong focus on waste reduction
- Drive exceptional service when interacting with our customers
- First or second year apprentice – enrolled in Certificate III in Commercial Cookery beneficial
- Previous experience in a cooking or similar environment beneficial
- Self-motivated to complete studies and assignments.
- Team player and able to work autonomously
- Passion and creativity for great food and service
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude, keen to learn and ability to take direction
- Access to a wide variety of training and support with a team that encourages and supports while you learn the ropes.
- Looking to grow and develop your role? Compass focuses on progression and opportunities
- Personal and site reward & recognition program – cash prizes
- Parking on site, uniforms supplied and meals while on duty
- Reward yourself – access to discounts and benefits only available to Compass employees
Candidates will be required to undertake an Australian national police check. This will be paid for by the Company.
Advertised: 21 Nov 2023 E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 26 Jan 2024 E. Australia Standard Time
To apply for this job please visit careers.compass-group.com.au.