Closes: 31 December 2023
Classification: Building Service Officer 1
Salary: $56,173 – $61,181 plus superannuation
Position No: Casual/Temporary Building Services Officer
Advertised (Gazettal date): 06 May 2022
Contact Officer: Recruitment on [email protected] or (02) 6205 5000
The ACT Education Directorate is seeking enthusiastic and suitable applicants to join our Building Services Officer Casual/Temporary Employment Register.
If you want to be an integral part of the team supporting and working with the Business Manager in managing and leading the building works undertaken at the school, maintaining the school buildings and grounds in a clean and tidy condition with regard to safety and security hazards, completing emergency and other repairs to Work, Health and Safety Standard or ensuring this standard when organising and overseeing emergency repairs.
The BSO will support the Business Manager, Principal, students, and staff in providing a safe and aesthetically pleasing environment for the whole community. then this may be your opportunity.
- Evidence of a current registration issued under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011. For further information on Working with Vulnerable People registration refer to: Access Canberra
- Mandatory Asbestos Awareness Training: Evidence of completion of training delivered by a Registered Training Organisation for Asbestos Awareness is required prior commencement. For further information refer to: WorkSafe Website
- Mandatory Crystalline Silica Exposure Prevention: Evidence of completion of training delivered by a Registered Training Organisation for Crystalline Silica Exposure Prevention is required prior to commencement. For further information refer to: WorkSafe website
- Mandatory White Card: Evidence of completion of training delivered by a Registered Training Organisation for Prepare to work safely in the construction industry (White Card) is required prior to commencement. For further information refer to: Access Canberra
- A pre-employment medical clearance is required prior to commencement. This assessment is at the cost of the Directorate and not the applicant. If/when a request for registration is in the final stages of completion, contact will be made with the applicant to organise the medical assessment.
- Mandatory Training in other WHS procedures may be required during employment: for example, Working at Heights, Sharps.
Note: Further enquiries can be made via email: [email protected] or by phoning (02) 6205 5000.
How to Apply: Please complete the Application for Casual Building Services Officer package located on the ACTPS Education Directorate website.
Completed applications must be returned via email to: [email protected]
Career interest categories:
Education, Teaching and Training
Trades, Maintenance and Horticulture
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.act.gov.au.