The purpose of this Carpentry Apprenticeship in Chinchilla is to provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through completing on the job working experience and training with an employer whilst completing a nationally recognised course of training through a registered training organisation.
Carpenters construct, install, renovate and repair structures and fixtures of wood, plywood and wallboard. They may also work with plastic laminates, perspex and metals, depending on the project.
Work is on building sites and in existing buildings or in a workshop.
Day-to-day tasks may include:
– studying drawings and specifications
– determining materials required and installation procedures
– ordering and selecting timbers and materials, and preparing layouts
– cutting joints and materials, as well as assembling cut and shaped parts
– erecting framework and roof framing, laying sub-flooring and floorboards
– nailing fascia panels, sheaths roofs, and fit exterior wall cladding and door and window frames
– assembling prepared wood to form structures and fittings ready to install
– constructing concrete framework
– repairing existing fittings.
This is a great opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through completin
– A willingness to develop skills and knowledge.
– The ability to listen, follow instructions and ask for assistance when required.
– The desire to make a positive contribution to the workplace by being punctual, showing interest and adhering to the relevant workplace policies and procedures.
– The ability to act responsibly and safely in the workplace.
– The ability to develop effective working relationships both in the workplace as well as with Golden West Apprenticeships team members.
– The ability to complete timesheets correctly and on-time.
– Work experience in your chosen industry
To fulfil the requirements of Carpentry Apprenticeship with Golden West Apprenticeships you will:
– Abide by the terms and conditions of the Training Contract.
– Complete Golden West Apprenticeships inductions.
– Perform work in a satisfactory manner.
– Commit to and complete the Training Plan in the timeframe allocated by completing theory based assessments and demonstrating skills through competency based assessments to the best of your ability.
– Comply with registration relevant to your field of work, in particular the Further Education and Training Act and the Work Health and Safety Act.
To apply for this job please visit apply.goldenwest.org.au.