The purpose of this Cabinet Making Apprenticeship in Warwick is to provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through completing on the job working experience and training with an employer whilst completing a nationally recognised course of training through a registered training organisation.
Cabinetmakers select and work with materials such as timber, veneers and varieties of wood to make furniture and cabinetry, often following drawings and specifications.
Work is in woodworking workshops or furniture design studios.
This role is suitable for people who have close attention to detail and can follow detailed drawings and templates. Skills in technical design, building, construction and basic mathematics are important.
Day-to-day tasks may include:
– examining drawings, work orders and sample parts to determine specifications
– marking out, cutting and shaping wood
– assembling parts to form sections of furniture and completed articles
– fitting hinges, locks, catches, drawers and shelves
– making frames for chairs and couches
– repairing and refurbishing furniture and antiques.
– A willingness to develop skills and knowledge.
– The ability to listen, follow instructions and ask for assistance when required.
– The desire to make a positive contribution to the workplace by being punctual, showing interest and adhering to the relevant workplace policies and procedures.
– The ability to act responsibly and safely in the workplace.
– The ability to develop effective working relationships both in the workplace as well as with Golden West Apprenticeships team members.
– The ability to complete timesheets correctly and on-time.
– Work experience in your chosen industry
To fulfil the requirements of Cabinet Making Apprenticeship with Golden West Apprenticeships you will:
– Abide by the terms and conditions of the Training Contract.
– Complete Golden West Apprenticeships inductions.
– Perform work in a satisfactory manner.
– Commit to and complete the Training Plan in the timeframe allocated by completing theory based assessments and demonstrating skills through competency based assessments to the best of your ability.
– Comply with registration relevant to your field of work, in particular the Further Education and Training Act and the Work Health and Safety Act.
To apply for this job please visit apply.goldenwest.org.au.