At Komatsu Australia you’ll be part of an inclusive culture where all our people thrive, reflected in our purpose: creating value together. We encourage people with diverse backgrounds to apply for this role.
About the Role: At Komatsu in Bassendean, we’re diving deeper into the fabrication sector, and we need talents like you to lead the charge. This isn’t just another job; it’s a chance to transform flat steel plates into purpose-driven masterpieces – whether large, small, or somewhere in between.
What You’ll Do:
- Play a key role in producing a vast range of Komatsu Mining, Civil, Construction, and Utility Equipment. From the PC18, 830, and 930 Haul Trucks to the latest PC3400 and beyond.
- Offer bespoke solutions to our clients.
- Work on diverse tasks: from crafting Trays, Buckets, and Transport Frames to executing repairs and creating the minutest yet essential brackets.
- Global Reach: From Western Australia to the global market, our creations travel everywhere, bearing the stamp of quality that is Komatsu Fabrications.
- Innovation at Heart: We’re not just about today; we’re about the future. With consistent investments in engineering innovation and technology, we’re always a step ahead.
- Growth & Development: As we further our manufacturing prowess at Komatsu Bassendean, we want you to be a pivotal part of this evolution. Bring your experience, and let’s grow together.
Roster: Monday to Friday
- Families Policy: 16 weeks of paid primary carer parental leave, 4 weeks of secondary carer leave, plus many more family friendly benefits
- Financial: Company funded Income Protection Insurance
- Career: Recognition, awards, flexibility, further education studies and internal career development
- Health: Corporate discount with Bupa, Total Wellbeing Solution with LifeWorks
- Travel: Discounts with Avis, Qantas, Crown, IHG and travel agents
- Referral Program: Generous referral program offering cash incentives for referring successful employees into the business
- A leadership Team: That values your input, is present on the workshop floor and communicates how and where we are all going
- RDO: Rostered Day Off System
- Uniforms: Supplied and laundered.
What we are we looking for: Boilermakers / Fabricators
- Experience in FCAW, MIG/MAG process in various positions with the ability to pass weld tests
- Commitment, understanding and ability to demonstrate that you can work the highest safety standard
- Ability to fabricate by interpreting, understanding fabrication drawings and apply all relevant procedures
- Open to new processes, methods and systems including SOPs, SWIMS.
- Arc air gouging skills
- Organised, driven, reliable and Self Motivated
- Hold a relevant trade certificate
What we are looking for: Welders
- Ability to pass weld tests in various positions.
- 1st Class welder or equivalent trade certificate.
- Experience in heavy manufacturing or heavy steel industry is preferable
- Experience in MIG/MAG, Flux Core Welding
- Organised, punctual and reliable and self-motivated
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to safe working practices
- Demonstrate an understanding of engineered technical drawings and welding symbols.
- Facilities: Subway and Jesters within a few minutes’ walk from the workshop and a Food van coming to site for meal breaks
Ready to get started? Simply hit the apply now button!
Komatsu offers a zero-harm culture in the workplace and competitive remuneration package. We employ people with different skills, abilities, cultural backgrounds, experiences, preferences, ethnicities and from different generations. Komatsu is endorsed by Work180 and committed to a workplace where women can thrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.livehire.com.