Your new company
Mackellar is one of Australia’s largest privately owned mining equipment & service providers in Mining and Civil Earthmoving. We are the mining services contractor for Bravus’ Carmichael Mine and together we are creating jobs and opportunities for regional Queensland. Production is in full swing at the mine site located in the Galilee Basin and we’re excited to be building our team with these additional roles as we ramp up our next fleets!
Townsville and Rockhampton are our primary recruitment hubs, and we are also offering flights from Mackay and Cairns. We also encourage and will consider applicants from all regional Queensland communities.
Your new role
We are expanding the team on site!
- Be involved with all areas of machine maintenance, including fault finding and troubleshooting, both scheduled and preventative maintenance
- Be flexible with work hours, with the ability to work day and night shifts
- Ensure planned repairs are executed within time and cost requirements
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and work within teams to develop and implement solutions
- Be committed to procedure based preventative maintenance.
What you’ll need to succeed
- A trade certificate with post-trade experience (Auto Electrical)
- Air conditioning ticket
- Previous experience in servicing and maintenance of mining mobile plant and equipment
- A current Queensland driver licence
- Current Standard 11 and CBM or willingness to obtain
- Flights paid for out of Rockhampton, Townsville, Mackay, or Cairns for a 7/7 Roster
- Competitive pay rates starting at $69.91 per hour plus Superannuation paid on all hours
- Attractive retention incentive scheme on offer ($3k first year, $6k second year, $9k third year, conditions apply)
- Eligible for the employee referral bonus of $2500 for successful referrals
- Transparent and structured upskilling program
- Meals, camp accommodation (gym and wet mess on site), PPE provided.
At MacKellar, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles who are engaged, empowered, and appropriately rewarded.
MacKellar embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Click “apply now” to submit your application, only suitable candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit applynow.net.au.