- Are you a car enthusiast?
- Love a start up in a mechanical trade
- We are seeking a 1st year Light Vehicle Mechanic Apprentice
We, at Community Solutions are seeking a 1st year Apprentice for our host client to commence in February of the New Year.
This course will give you the underpinning skills and knowledge to service and repair the mechanical parts of a motor vehicle such as the engine, transmission and suspension systems.
A full time opportunity to start your Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology for one that has the dedication and passion to learn this trade in-depth and gain certain skills to be confident in completing your apprenticeship.
THE APPRENTICESHIP WILL ALSO INVOLVE:
- Service air conditioning and HVAC systems
- Carry out soft soldering techniques
- Repair electrical systems
- Carry out oxy acetylene welding, thermal cutting, and thermal heating procedures
- Service and maintain battery electric vehicles
- Test, charge and replace batteries
- Communicate effectively in an automotive workplace
- Inspect, service and repair auxiliary braking systems
- Manual Drivers license (desirable or prepared to obtain)
- Understand the importance of workplace health and safety
- Good communication skills
- Enjoy practical work
- Have good hand-eye coordination
- Pass a Pre-employment Medical with Drug and Alcohol test
What can we offer you?
- Salary Packaging Benefits! Package up to $15,900 of your annual salary tax free. Less tax = more take home pay for you!
- In addition to your tax-free benefit, you can also use up to $2,650 of your pre-tax income to pay for entertainment expenses (meals, holiday accommodation etc.)
- A weekly wage paid to you directly by Community Solutions
- Leave entitlements inc. Annual Leave and Personal Leave
- Mentoring, ongoing support and regular visits from your committed Field Officer
- Ability to obtain a certification and vast range of industry skills and experience
- An Employee Assistance Program – a free and confidential phone-based counselling service available
So what’s next…
If this is the opportunity for you, the click ‘Apply Now’ below. You must also be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
We can’t wait to hear from you, recent school leavers are encouraged to apply!
“We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer, and we commit to respond to every applicant”
To apply for this job please visit communitysolutions.org.au.