Title: Apprentice – First Year
About John Holland
We’re all about transforming lives by finding solutions to complex challenges. We do that by providing leading design, engineering, construction and asset operations, across infrastructure, transport, building and property in Australia and New Zealand.
From the epic, to the intimate, everything we do improves life for someone, somewhere. It gives our business momentum and means we approach things a little differently.
While our competitors talk about what they do, we focus on why we do it. We transform communities to make them easier to move around, more connected and better to live in.
Are you up for the challenge?
About the Role
We are looking for an aspiring Apprentice Plant Mechanic who will have the opportunity to kick-start their career with Australia’s leading rail contractor and will learn from a team of expert tradespersons who are committed to delivering exceptional projects.
At John Holland we see our Apprentices as our future rail leaders, and you’ll complete the first stage of a structured learning and development program that’s designed to arm you with the skills needed for a big future in our industry.
As a John Holland Apprentice you’ll gain practical on the job experience while receiving extensive training and a Certificate III that will engage and challenge you. Our Apprenticeships are typically for four years and will commence early 2023.
Over the 4-year term of the apprenticeship you’ll gain skills and experience in:
- Repairing specialised railway plant & equipment
- Diagnosis/Fault find in Hydraulic, Electrical(Up To 50VDC) and Pneumatic Systems
- Working safely in a great team environment
- Based out of John Holland’s Welshpool workshop
- Workshop and site based work throughout apprenticeship and career
- Must be able to work different shifts depending on the project’s requirements. These shifts might include overtime, weekend work and night shift work.
- The candidate must be flexible with the hours of work
- John Holland will cover the cost of successfully completed TAFE units
- Availability to work in regional areas is required
To be successful in this role you must have:
- A genuine passion for maintaining/repairing machinery and equipment
- An ability to undertake manual/physical work
- Completed a pre-Apprenticeship course (Preferred)
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to follow instruction and work effectively in a team
- Understanding of Workplace Health and Safety
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- An ability to meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
- Will require reliable transport to and from the Plant Workshop
- The selection process will include:
- Psychometric, Literacy and Numeracy assessments
- Reference checks
- Pre-employment Medicals including Drug and Alcohol screening
As part of the team, you help us deliver on our promise to transform lives. Your success is reflected in ours, so we’re committed to being an employer of choice. We pride ourselves on having a diverse and inclusive workplace, as different perspectives and ideas will deliver our long-term success.
We’ll do all we can to help you develop your skills, and make a difference, right from the start. We have a flexible workplace and focus on all aspects of your physical and mental health and safety. We want you to be with us for the long-term, so providing you with rich career experiences and ongoing development is our priority.
Job Segment: Night, Apprentice, Design Engineer, Hydraulics, Electrical, Operations, Entry Level, Engineering
To apply for this job please visit jobs.johnholland.com.au.