MRAEL is offering you the chance of a great future and rewarding career in an exciting School-Based Apprenticeship opportunity, to be hosted to Moranbah North Mine commencing in January 2024.
We will give you genuine opportunities to contribute your knowledge and realise your potential, while working in a team committed to your training and development.
We strive for a diverse workplace; if you are female or of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent your application is encouraged.
Anglo American Steel Making Coal (AASMC) is a leading global mining company. Their portfolio of world-class competitive mining operations and undeveloped resources provides the metals and minerals that enable a cleaner, more electrified world and that meet the fast growing consumer-driven demands of the world’s developed and maturing economies.
Anglo American Steel Making Coal (AASMC) have significant steel making coal investments in Australia and particularly in Queensland’s Bowen Basin.
If you embrace change, safety, strong leadership and sustainable performance, we want to hear from you. Take control of your life, shape your future, and kick-start your career today!
We are now recruiting for a School-Based Diesel Fitting Apprentice to work on site at Moranbah North Mine. Successful candidates will follow a structured and industry-specific training plan, learning on the job from experts in their field whilst completing a Certificate III in Engineering – Fixed and Mobile Plant Mechanic.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated candidates, who has the hunger and drive to face all the challenges an electrical trade has allowing you to gain experience and grow in your profession. Ideally you will be a positive, enthusiastic, self-motivated with a strong focus on safety and teamwork.
- Applicants must be currently in enrolled in year 11 at Moranbah State High School, entering into year 12 at the beginning of 2024
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical and drug/alcohol screen
- Sound results in Maths (Maths B or C preferred) and English. Physics and Graphics are highly desirable.
- Certificate II in Engineering would be highly regarded but not essential
- Be available to attend a face-to-face interview on Thursday 7th December.
Why be an MRAEL apprentice?
As an MRAEL apprentice you will be appointed a Field Officer who will guide you through your trade, making sure every aspect of your training experience is rewarding and professional. The Field Officer provides you with consistent mentoring, support and performance management throughout your apprenticeship while ensuring you progress through your training and will coordinate block bookings when necessary. The Field Officer will have regular meetings to discuss your progression and any challenges you may have.
- Ensure you have an up-to-date Resume
- Ensure you provide a Cover Letter – outlining your reasons for applying and outlining knowledge of the position you are applying for.
- Copy of recent school results
- Ensure you include any work experience placements, you may also including copies of your feedback from work experience placements
The recruitment process will include pre-apprenticeship aptitude testing, you may be requested to complete this once your application has been fully completed.
Is your application completed? If you fail to provide and complete all details as requested above your application will not be considered.
MRAEL is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications close- Sunday 26th November 2023!
To apply for this job please visit www.livehire.com.