The Environmental Advisor participates in the planning, coordination, interpretation and reporting of environmental monitoring activities in accordance with the site’s legal obligations.
- Prepares and review site procedures and Safe Work Instructions
- Coordinates contractors and consultants contributing to the preparation of annual, quarterly and bi-annual reporting
- Participates in the QA/QC program for the environmental monitoring program
- Location, West Wyalong – Residential role.
At Evolution, we’re passionate about Our Culture and Values.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, offering exceptional career environments at our Sites and our Group Office, that are challenging, rewarding and fun for all employees.
About the role
The Environmental Advisor acts as nominated point of contact for designated departments, providing support on the management of Environmental risks and compliance. Reporting to the Environment Superintendent, this role is responsible for conducting environmental field work activities and supporting the environmental management and compliance for the Cowal Gold Operation. With an understanding of climate related risks (water, energy and extreme weather) you will participate in the development of the environmental management strategies/ plans, and oversees the implementation of associated programs and activities.
Key result areas in this role may also include:
- Undertaking field and environmental monitoring activities in accordance with site environmental obligations (i.e. flora, fauna, dust, air, water and soil);
- Environmental data analysis and reporting.
- Undertake all required tasks to ensure environmental compliance.
- Preparing monitoring reports and submit as per legal obligations/ internal processes.
To be successful in this role you will have 1-2 years’ experience as an environmental advisor or similar, preferably with exposure to the resources industry and must be able to demonstrate sound knowledge and understanding of State and Federal Environmental Legislation.
It is also important for you to have or can demonstrate:
- Degree in Environmental Science, Biology or Environmental Engineering.
- Knowledge of State and Federal environmental legislation.
- Capability / competence in water management, waste management, and incident investigation.
- Experience in establishing, implementing, and managing Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and frameworks, standards, audits and systems (ISO14001)
- High level of report writing and oral presentation skills.
- Capability / competence in environmental monitoring programs, field assessments, data management and water chemistry (essential).
- NSW A Class Drivers Licence (eligible).
- NSW boat licence.
Closing date: 29th October 2021
We thank you for taking the time submitting your application. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to build our team, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or cultural background. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape and contribute to the Evolution vision.
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.
To apply for this job please visit careers.evolutionmining.com.au.