Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Digital Service Representative Traineeship
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Identified Opportunity
- Earn an income while you learn
- Located in Haymarket
What you’ll be doing…
You will complete a Certificate III Business – Customer Engagement over 12 months through a combination of formal training and on-the-job experience with your Host Employer.
This unique combination of formal education and work experience will give you the opportunity to:
- Provide and deliver services in a timely, accurate and efficient manner, consistent with Service NSW vision, mission and values
- Undertake administrative work to support the provision of service delivery as required
- Persuade, assist and educate customers to transact online using relevant technology
- Make effective use of records, information and knowledge management functions and systems
- Refer customers to the appropriate channels of service by understanding a variety of policies and procedures
What’s in it for me?
Being a HVTC Group trainee opens the door to working for industry leaders via our close connections with major local employers.
As a HVTC Group trainee you have ongoing job security! Our network of Host Employers means we can offer rotations to ensure you can fulfil your education and training requirements; Become qualified without getting yourself into debt and actually start earning an income!
Throughout your traineeship, you will be able to take advantage of our exclusive employee benefits, which include:
- One-on-one coaching and development from a dedicated mentor
- Individual and group safety training with our team of experts
- Discounted health insurance
- Discounted gym memberships
- Alumni program to support you post qualification
- Reward and recognition programs
- Commbank Workplace Banking Program to give you financial advice (and retail discounts!)
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives, campaigns, and competitions through HVTC’s Committee (there might even be some prizes up for grabs!).
- 24/7 confidential counselling through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provider
Who you’ll be working with…
HVTC Group is an expert in the employment and training of apprentices and trainees. We believe skills change lives and that apprenticeships and traineeships can open doors to incredible careers. This is why we partner with businesses to match the right person with the right career.
During your traineeship, you’ll be employed by us, while completing on-the-job training with our Host Employer, Service NSW. We’ll provide you with ongoing mentoring and support to help you achieve your career goals and unleash your true potential.
About Service NSW
Service NSW is an award-winning NSW government initiative delivering improved one-stop services for government customers. Service NSW has been shaped by our customers – who want easier and more online access to government services and a single point of contact.
Service NSW delivers more than 800 transactions – including driver licences, birth certificates, Seniors Cards and Fair Trading licences through one digital service, one phone number and a network of one-stop shops.
So, what are you waiting for?!
What you’ll bring to the table…
To make the most of this opportunity you will:
- Ability to provide high quality customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to full term of the traineeship and study requirements
- Intermediate experience using technology (computers/telephones/software packages)
- Strong time management with ability to prioritise duties and multitask
- Confidence to handle challenging situations and resolve enquires in a calm and focused manner
- Flexible and adaptable during times of change to contribute to the team’s strategic goals
- Successfully pass a National Police Check
- Be committed to your formal and ‘on the job’ training
- Have a can-do attitude and be an enthusiastic learner
What to do next…
To apply for this role, click the ‘Apply for this job’ button and then follow the steps to complete your application. You can also apply online at www.hvtc.com.au by clicking on ‘Vacancies’ and selecting the relevant position, then the ‘Apply Online’ button at the top of the page.
All applications require a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
What else is involved?
After submitting your online application, you may be invited to complete online testing, interviews and pre-employment medicals. We may also contact your references. Please be sure to check your emails (including your junk folder) and respond to missed phone calls, voicemail messages and text messages. If you require assistance with the recruitment process (for instance, this may be filling out forms, interviews, or completing online tests), please contact your recruitment representative on 1800 247 864. We are happy to provide any necessary reasonable adjustments or assistance you may need. Please do not hesitate to ask for any help. We look forward to hearing from you.
Your resident expert for this opportunity will be Nicole Lean, you can contact Nicole for a confidential conversation on 02 4932 4222.
Applications close 5th December 2023
HVTC has been granted an S126 Exemption to sections eight (8) and fifty-one (51) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW); this allows us to advertise and recruit this role exclusively to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants
Category: Finance, Insurance & Business Services – Business Administration
Reference ID: NL000167
Date Posted: 14/11/2023
To apply for this job please visit careers.hvtc.com.au.