Are you a good problem solver, have a natural talent for maths, and enjoy working with your hands? Are you wanting something with variety and have always been drawn to operating, installing, and servicing electrical goods? An Air-conditioning and Refrigeration Apprenticeship could be the challenge you’re looking for!
Undertaking this four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Air-conditioning and Refrigeration Apprentice while completing your Certificate III in Air-conditioning and Refrigeration.
DAY-TO-DAY DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Completing a combination of supervised on the job learning and theory work at TAFE
- Assisting with installing, operating, repairing, servicing and maintaining electrical devices across roaming sites
This position is located in Port Macquarie where you will be hosted with a company that has the world’s largest portfolio of building products, technologies, software, and services with nearly 2,000 locations worldwide.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECS-HELP debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt, and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship awards, resulting in a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Host specific – RDOs, additional training, perks
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Our client is looking for someone who has a positive attitude, willingness to learn, and is eager to learn an electrical/mechanical trade. An ideal candidate would be someone that is reliable, can adapt to new situations and has a great aptitude for technical tasks and maths skills.
No previous experience is required however, anyone that has previous trade experience and is looking for a career change, this could be the opportunity for you!
If you have already completed an Apprenticeship as an Electrician or Refrigeration/Air-conditioning and are looking to swap, we can offer you the option to complete a second Apprenticeship and obtain a dual trade.
- Driver’s licence
- White card
- COVID-19 vaccination certificate
- Great communication
- Good safety awareness
- Punctual and reliable
- Ability to pass a Pre-Employment Medical, D&A and Police Clearance
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Apprentice.
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website to check out some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit www.migas.com.au.