Reporting to the Supervisor: Process you will be responsible for operating plant equipment in a safe, productive and efficient manner to maximize plant performance without adversely affecting the environment or the health and safety of personnel.
This role is offered on an 8 day on 6 days off, 7 nights on 7 nights off roster and is FIFO from Perth or DIDO from local communities.
A day in the life
- 5:00am bus from camp to site (~10-minute bus ride)
- Complete breathalyser and sign in for your shift
- Attend pre-start meeting – talk about safety, general overview of work happening that day
- Processing Shift Supervisor gives out jobs for the day where you’d be buddied up with an experienced Operator, tasks could include:
- Learning about how to operate various circuits of the plant including crushers, mills, CIL leach tanks, elution, control room & gold room
- Housekeeping and clean up around the plant (shovelling and hosing)
- Reporting any hazards or broken machinery
- Assisting the maintenance team especially when shutdowns happening
- Data entry using computers – systems such as excel (training provided)
- Helping other departments as required
- Working in all-weather elements
- Meal and rest breaks throughout the day
- 5:15pm bus back to camp (~10-minute bus ride)
Training and development for the role is offered on site there is manual labour and lifting required on a day-to-day basis.
Key factors to your success include:
- Current WA C Class manual Driver’s License.
- Experience with mobile equipment operation and working around machinery would be advantageous to your application.
- Exposure to computers and ability to utilise programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook and other databases.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems.
Interested parties should submit a detailed curriculum vitae to: https://careers.goldfields.com.au
To apply for this job please visit career012.successfactors.eu.