Gruyere Gold Mine, a Gold Fields and Gold Road Resources Joint Venture (50/50) located in the Yamarna Greenstone Belt in Western Australia. This newly constructed Mine Site boasts a plant production of 300,000 ounces per annum with an enviable production profile in excess of 10 years. Making it one of Australia’s largest and lowest cost gold mining operations.
Reporting to the Process Shift Supervisor, your responsibilities will include learning how to operate processing plant equipment in a safe, productive and efficient manner to maximise plant performance without negatively affecting the environment or the health and safety of personnel.
As an employee at Gold Fields we expect all levels of employees to always act in a manner that seeks to align and enhance the values, safety culture and performance of Gold Fields.
This role is offered on a 6 month fixed term contract initially, based on a 8 days on 6 days off roster (after 2 months move to a 8 days on 6 days off, 7 nights on 7 days off roster) and is Fly in Fly out from Perth or Drive in Drive out from the Goldfields region.
Gold Fields has a vast array of benefits including:
- 6% Site Allowance
- Virgin Velocity reward points
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
A day in the life:
- Complete breathalyser and catch the 5:00am bus from camp to site (~10-minute bus ride)
- Attend pre-start meeting – talk about safety, general overview of work happening that day
- Processing Shift Supervisor gives out jobs for the day where you’d be buddied up with an experienced Process Operator, tasks could include:
- Learning about how to operate various circuits of the plant including crushers, mills, CIL leach tanks, elution, control room & gold room
- Walking up and down multiple flights of stairs, housekeeping and clean up around the plant (shovelling and hosing)
- Reporting any hazards or broken machinery
- Assisting the maintenance team especially when shutdowns happening
- Data entry using computers – systems such as excel (training provided)
- Helping other departments as required
- Working in all-weather elements – in particular the heat during Summer
- Meal and rest breaks throughout the day
- 5:15pm bus back to camp (~10-minute bus ride)
Training and development for the role is offered on site, there is manual labour and lifting required on a day-to-day basis.
You will have:
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
Applications can be submitted via: www.goldfields.com.au
To apply for this job please visit career012.successfactors.eu.