Citic Pacific Mining
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
CITIC Pacific Mining is excited to announce that we will be commencing a formal training programme within our Power Plant in 2021.
CITIC Pacific Mining is committed to providing trainees with opportunities to learn valuable skills and knowledge by providing a comprehensive practical and theoretical training base, with a view of a permanent role with the company at the completion of the training.
These are site based positions FIFO from Perth on a 2 weeks on/ 1 week off on a continuous shift roster.
The trainee programme will be delivered over the course of a 2 year period commencing immediately.
To be eligible to be considered as a potential candidate, you will:
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Completed secondary schooling to Year 12 and tertiary qualification (diploma or above) in relevant area (Electrical, Thermal systems, Mechanical or control) – as would some basic industry knowledge
- Have the ability to adapt to working 12 hour shifts (days and night);
- Hold a current WA ‘C’ class drivers licence;
- Bilingual applications (Mandarin/English) will be looked upon favourably
- Be punctual, reliable and have a good attendance record
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com
To apply for this job please visit careers.citicpacificmining.com.