Choosing your next career step is exciting and daunting at the same time! We understand that.
So at MidCoast Council, we are offering a range of opportunities that will make your decision easier! We can help jump start your career and get you moving in the right direction.
Our Trainee, Apprentice, Cadet and Graduate programs for 2022 are being recruited right now!
- Traineeships help you take your first steps into the workforce
- Apprenticeships provide a solid Career pathway
- Cadetships will support you to work while at University
- Graduate programs give you the chance to put your tertiary studies into action!
You can make a positive choice for your future – and you can do it locally!
MidCoast Council is a great place to work!
At MidCoast, we offer opportunities that could see you working in a Hi Tech State-of-the-Art facility – or Outdoors on world class projects. Whatever you choose, you’ll be trained to the highest standards by leaders in their respective fields, to become a valued member of our workforce into the future.
We are a dynamic Council. We serve our Community. We invest in our people.
So… who are we looking for?
You’ll impress us because you’re genuinely focused on your chosen field. Your application will highlight your passion, interest and dedication. It will also show us that you have been committed to the things you’ve achieved so far and that you can be counted on. Most importantly, we will be convinced that when you take this journey with us, we have made the right choice!
These are exciting Traineeship opportunities to work while you learn with MidCoast Council, and your chance to build a strong foundational skillset for your future.
You’ll gain practical skills such as safe operation of plant, equipment and tools, you’ll learn the intricacies of the construction and maintenance of road building, bridges and drainage and you’ll have the opportunity to attain a Certificate II in Civil Construction (12 months) with a further pathway to Certificate III in Civil Construction for the right person.
The roles require that you:
- Genuinely want to start your career working in Civil Maintenance and Construction
- Are willing to work in a range of diverse areas and working conditions outdoors
- Are committed to learning about the intricacies of road building and a range of civil construction skills
- Are naturally inquisitive and want to become an important part of a hard working team
- Are diligent in studying to complete your certifications
Remuneration: You will be paid in accordance with the Traineeship pay scale as outlined in the Local Government (State) Award 2020 plus superannuation.
Taree x 2
If you’re genuinely committed to jump starting your career in Civil Construction, we want to hear from you. You’ll stand out because you’ve proved yourself before as reliable and focused, and your application will reflect the hard work and commitment you put into everything that you do!
Be excited and take a step for your future with MidCoast Council.
To apply for this job please visit applynow.net.au.