HunterNet Group Training in partnership with Geared Engineering are seeking a dedicated individual to join the team in Beresfield as an Apprentice Fitter.
Geared Engineering has specialised facilities and a team with decades of experience in the overhaul of industrial gearboxes. They also provide a range of services such as repairs, rebuilds and upgrades of industrial power transmissions.
We are looking for a hardworking individual with strong work ethic who is interested in completing a Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade. The successful applicant will complete this apprenticeship over four years while gaining on-the-job experience with an industry leading company.
As an apprentice your main duties will include:
- Learn to service and repair gearboxes of all shapes and sizes
- Repair and rebuild industrial power transmissions for fixed and mobile plant equipment
- Construct and assemble mechanical systems
- Learn to operate and adjust metalworking machines and create parts/tools
- Prepare and operate tools, equipment, and machinery
- Adheres to company policies and undertakes safe working practices and procedures
- Complete all competencies at TAFE
- Ensures housekeeping is of a high standard
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrated passion for the trade
- Good mathematical and mechanical aptitude
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to listen and show willingness to learn
- Exceptional commitment to workplace safety
- Current driver’s licence and reliable transport
Applicants with the following will be highly regarded:
- Forklift and Dogman ticket
- Work experience and completion of a pre-apprenticeship course
To make application for the position please send through a cover letter and resume.
As part of the recruitment process, suitable applicants will be required to complete pre-employment medical testing including drug and alcohol screening.
Due the high volume of applications we receive only successful applicants will be contacted.
HunterNet Group Training Limited engages apprentices and trainees on behalf of employers, with the aim of achieving high quality outcomes through a partnership approach.
To apply for this job please visit hngt.recruitonline.com.au.